Instructions for Volunteers at Steve’s book tables
Thanks for volunteering at Steve Ray’s book tables. Your help is important and the Ray family appreciates your time and assistance. Managing the money and products is a big responsibility and we are grateful.
Here is what you and the assistants will need to do:
1. Ask the Event Organizer how early you should arrive.
2. Locate THREE tables, (yes, we need 3 whole tables to display all our items).
4. Set up the tables for selling as you see fit. Try to group item types together. See image (right) for example.
5. Leave space on one table for brochures that Steve will bring with him. Notice the picture to right; save about 3/4 of one table for the brochures that Steve will bring with him.
6. Place the provided “sold-out” signs under the products in case they sell out.
5. Watch the 2 minute video below to learn how to swipe credit cards on Steve’s iPad (which he will bring with him).
6. Keep watch over the product tables, the money and iPad during the entire event.
7. Help with people’s questions about the products as best you can, Steve will help too. Feel free to ask him any questions.
- We do NOT need to keep an inventory of items sold at the event. The iPad is only for credit cards, not for cash or checks.
- We accept cash, checks or credit card. Checks should be made out to “Steve Ray.” Tax are only collected in Michigan.
- Steve will bring a bundle of $1 and $5 bills for you to make change.
- If the iPad is not working for credit cards, please have buyers fill out the back of the “Order Form” (shown at right) to collect credit card info for us to process back at our office.
- If any item sells out we can ship orders of $20 or more with Free Shipping if the order is paid on-site and the “Order Form” is filled out completely.
8. After the event, help Steve box up the remaining items. He will have packing tape. Steve will have prepaid Fed Ex return labels. Arrange for the Event Organizer to ship the boxes back to Steve’s house.
Thank you very much for your help.