Another Homily by Fr. James Altman: Racism and what we are not told

by Steve Ray on July 3, 2020

This is an excellent homily on racism and the history of our country. Worth a listen. The homily starts at the 30:00 minute mark.

Lisa and Robert Parkes July 5, 2020 at 8:32 AM

Thank you Father for sharing your homilies online. My husband and I look forward to hearing them. Like a breath of fresh air. The first homily I heard was a few weeks ago when the riots had just started. My friend sent me a link to your homily and I could not believe how well you put into words all the things I knew but was not able to articulate so beautifully. Out 14-year-old granddaughter, who was staying with us had been asking me questions about all that was going on and how her friends were sympathetic to the black lives matters. The next morning I had her listen with me to your homily. All of our grandchildren go to a Catholic school run and operated by the Dominican Sisters. I feel they should use this time to teach as you are teaching. the Truth and not hedge. Thank you and we look forward to more sermons online. We live in Arkansas and our grandchildren live in Nashville Tn.

Cindy Barnes July 7, 2020 at 4:21 AM

I recently found Father Altman over the July 4th weekend and couldn’t stop listening to all the homilies on YouTube. Now I can’t go to sleep until I get my Father Altman fix. I love your courageous effort to tie the current events with Catholic beliefs and readings. So much more fitting than the reprehensible statement of Archbishop Gregory.

I moved to Phoenix, Arizona 7 years ago and attended mass at several different Catholic Churches and
I’ve felt so empty and desolate. I pray all Bishops and Priests will take a holy lesson from Father Altman and grow a backbone in Shepherding the faithful the way our Blessed Lord instructed them to. It is so refreshing to hear Father Altman speak the truth and talk to us as participating adults in the world today.

Thank you so much and please keep up the good work!!

Cindy

Pamela Smith July 17, 2020 at 10:56 AM

Fr James Altman’s homilies are my go-to for true Catholic faith and instruction on how to live in these dark days. He is a true blessing to us who search for the truth not being addressed in our own parishes throughout the world.
God bless you, Fr James.

Gerry Kelly July 21, 2020 at 8:47 AM

We often look to a lead from our dear American friends and how delightful to hear these wonderful homilies so unlike the timid and ‘safe’ efforts by so many here. Fr James Altman is a real gem a leader a wonderful prophet and a true man of God. We join you our dear American Conservative friends in sharing our faith. We do not like Liberals and Communists who control so much in this Country but love the way you tell the truth without fear or reserve, God Bless America!

Rob July 23, 2020 at 11:21 AM

This guy is a racist nut job.

STEVE RAY HERE: Rob, You could at least try to be a little more creative. What would people like you do without the word “racist” which applies to anyone you don’t like even if they are the furthest thing from a racist possible. Racist is the accusation that people throw around today to discredit people they don’t like. The word doesn’t even have any meaning anymore as your usage proves. Don’t waste your time posting on my blog unless you want to continue being an excellent example of how irrational some people can be.

Richard DeCamp August 9, 2020 at 3:48 PM

How can we get Fr. James Altman on TV weekly like Fiulton Sheen?

STEVE RAY HERE: Richard, I think he’d have a huge following!